3.30.2008

Phoenixes and Pussy

I'm giving rebirth to this blog again. I've tried it two times before, putting way too much effort into making it whatever the hell a blog is supposed to be. Some people are naturally good bloggers. I'm not one of them. So, instead, I'm just going to write about what I want to write about. And track my work, babble about writing, and amuse myself. I've deleted most of my previous posts, but I've kept a few for sundry reasons.

As for the pussy, well I'm sure most people are aware of the story of Diablo Cody's blog (though she's actually blogging on her myspace page now). For those who aren't, the short of it: She stripped and cataloged her misadventures on her blog The Pussy Ranch. One day, a Hollywood manager googled the word "pussy." That's right. That's how -- at least part of -- this town works. So he googled "pussy," found her blog, liked her wordplay, and the seedlings of fate for Juno were born.

ps. So, I've used the word "pussy" six times now in this post. Google that, sex-addled Hollywood. But maybe in a few months after I've had time to collect some wordplay on this blog.

No comments: