12.25.2008

Merry Christmas - Xmas Harder


Tis the season for discussing Holiday favorites. You could throw an "I'm Feeling Lucky" Google rock and hit a blog discussing such things. And they're pretty much all the same.

But personally, I'm not a big fan of Christmas movies. It's not that I don't like them at all, but I'm not one for repeat viewings on any of them. I won't even bother listing them as they're all pretty much the obvious offerings.

And while I am a big fan of the quaint and charming While You Were Sleeping, that's not what I'm focusing on here.

I'm talking about Die Hard 2. Best. Christmas movie. Ever.

The Holidays. John McClane trapped in an airport with terrorists. Dennis Franz as cranky airport security. Creepy naked tai chi, or whatever the hell that was. Snow. Death by icicle. What says Christmas better than that?

I've gotten two people on board already. It's gonna be a thing.

Merry Christmas.
Happy Holidays.
Yippee-Ki-Aye, Motherfucker.

ps. I'm also throwing in a healthy dose of Sports Night, because I originally burned through that series around Christmas years ago and I've never been able to fully disassociate it with this time of year since.


Casey: It's a vicious circle.
Dan: It is.
Casey: It's a never-ending circle.
Dan: It just keeps going round and round.
Casey: It never ends.
Dan: That's what makes it vicious.
Casey: And a circle.

No comments: