9.22.2010

Hollywood pajama-wearing bed-wetters -- I'm not counting you, Rubicon, of course


I'm borrowing the title of this post from a comment on Deadline Hollywood. Normally I forgo all website commentary whatsoever, what with all its mind-numbing detritus, but for some reason I saw that comment and it stuck with me.

Because it smacks of some truth. We can ignore it's amusing slight against the people behind the current slate of TV and film -- but it doesn't change the fact that I -- and apparently many others -- are unilaterally unmoved by the new serving of entertainment we're getting on screens both big and small.

I haven't been to the theater in a long time. And I've been pretty blah about the TV premiere week thus far.

There are actually a bunch of shows I really WANTED to be excited about. I loved the script for LONE STAR. But after watching ten minutes of the pilot on my DVR, I was practically scared to continue. Something was off, the elegance on the page was gone. I actually felt that way about Running Wilde and a few of the other new shows that I had been excited about.

So I'm wondering what in the world I'm going to watch this year that I haven't already been watching.

I want to be excited. I really do.

So I think I'm going to start listing shows that I'm excited about. First one coming up, RUBICON.

ps. I love you Rubicon. You had me at Jessica Collins. Oh, and the slow build puzzle mystery stuff, too.

2 comments:

Josh said...

The Walking Dead. Not sure if it's your cup of tea, but it's the one I'm banking on to be awesome.

Check out Terriers, if you haven't, and Ridealong is also very, very good -- but naturally won't be with us until January.

adam _______________________ said...

Yeah, I have Terriers on my DVR. And I haven't seen Ridealong yet, though I am looking forward to that one. I wasn't really counting midseason stuff in that rant. Nor was I counting AMC shows. As I like them ALL. I'm curious about The Walking Dead. Though I'm not a big zombie fan.