1.20.2011

P's reaction to Blue Valentine


Oh, sweet Jesus, P. My friend P, if you haven't read my blog (most likely) or don't remember (just as likely), has quite a way with the words. And a different way with the women.

P recently saw Blue Valentine. He emailed me the following after asking if I'd seen it:

...it's so fucking depressing that it's probably best that people in relationships don't watch it-- I mean, it made me want to laminate my genitals and never deal with girls again. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been to walk out of the Vista with a girl instead of Dean.


Dean is P's sidekick. His Jeeves, if Jeeves were very un-Jeeves-like. But that's a whole other thing.

My response:

They should put that on the back of the DVD box. And on Dean's Facebook page.

P shot back:

My other Blue Valentine inspired pull quotes:


- Women are a different species, like dogs. You might love your dog,
but you have to accept that no matter how cutely you talk to it, it
has no conception what you're actually saying.

- Women have no capacity for love. Their brains are filled with nothing but Venn diagrams of needs.


Needless to say I had to drink myself to sleep that night.



Oh, P.

ps. (laughter)

No comments: