5.31.2011

That's LA for you

So a friend -- proving to me that I am right in not reading such publications as the NY Times -- forwarded me some piece on Groupon to make me vomit over rich twenty-somethings and their inflated sense of their brilliant voice.  But what really got me was the afterthought inclusion of a wedding announcement that depressingly had her considering applying to Target:

Weddings/Celebrations

At first look it's just the typical  27 Dresses crap that the Times prints.  But if you look at it from the La La Land perspective here's what you have:

  • A 31-year-old show runner's assistant on a network comedy who graduated magna cum laude from Northwestern and studied at a premiere Shakespearian acting school in London.
  • A 31-year-old agent trainee in the TV Lit Dept at ICM who has a degree from Cambridge and a master's in screenwriting. 

With all the connected 23-year-olds, and 31-year-olds who have the resume equivalent of marrying Prince William, Target ain't lookin' so bad.

(I also just had someone tell me that I was great, but too over-qualified to get people coffee.  I wanted to respond with, "Oh, is 'over-qualified' French for 'zero entertainment experience on one's resume?' ")

Anyway, the Times!

ps.  Bon appétit.

No comments: