3.02.2012

The Right Wing's War on Women

For those who haven't heard about Rush Limbaugh calling a Georgetown law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" after she testified in favor of birth control coverage:





ps.  We are drifting more and more towards a Right Wing culture that is preaching hatred and ignorance.  It's one thing to be a prude and to bury your head in the sand, and it's completely another to be stupid and hateful. 

pps.  As a man, I am fully of aware of my stupidity when it comes to women.  I've had a little over 30 years of practice in attempting to overcome it.  My wife will attest to the fact that I'm not there yet.  But, nonetheless, I've never felt the need to tell a woman what to do with her body or how to handle her reproductive health.  I can't remember ever feeling the hypocritical need to call a woman a whore.  I choose to live like it's 2012 and not like it's 1912.  I recognize the term "slut" as a weapon of the repressed and the fearful.  And I'm smart enough to be fully aware of the ramifications involved in sexual health issues on account of teen sex, rape, sexually transmitted diseases, and overpopulation.

2 comments:

Zelig Skykiller said...

this is what happens when politicians line themselves up with the ignorant, intolerant and delusional masses who base their life on a bronze-age book of fairy tales.

adam ___________________ said...

Well, yeah. I would personally argue that one can be non-politically religious, or spiritual or whatever, and not be a hateful douche bag. But, in this particular instance I don't seem to have much of a leg to stand on. I disagree on principle, but I think you win this one.

It's definitely what happens when people take the bible literally 100%. Or are douche bags.